Selecting a property manager or management company is a big decision that will have a long lasting impact on your real estate investments.
It’s important you pick the right one for you and ensure your property has the best attention and you have the best team looking after your property. This will give you the peace of mind you deserve while you navigate through your busy life.
Being a property management firm, we always aim to deliver the best services to our customers so they can kick back their legs and let us take care of all the nitty gritties of managing a property.
Below are the top 6 principals we follow and believe you should look out for in a good property management firm.
- Attention to detail: A good property management firm or manager will always pay close attention to details that protect both landlords and tenants.
In order to prevent any issues with managed properties, a manager should perform regular inspections and handle all required repairs in a timely manner.
In addition to this, they should have a thorough understanding about the locality, trends, the unique features and eccentricities of a community – a property manager who asks about them and seeks to understand what makes your property tick will be able to provide you with the best service.
- Standard Operating Procedures: Any task that needs to be done effectively needs to have operating procedures, especially tasks related to property management where there are various roles like finances, marketing, vendor relationship management and so on.
There need to be concrete operating procedures that enhance the value of the property and ensure the cross functionality of systems such as maintenance programs, full audits of contractors and vendors, financial projections, budgeting and proactive solutions to problems.
At Propadis, we have a dedicated team of professionals that carry out every task with diligence and ensure they set out a strong foundation for your property. From property maintenance to tax and documentation.
- Communication: A good management team will always be available for you over email or phone.
- They should keep you updated on all aspects of your property
- Be transparent about any problems that arise
- Be a good listener and listen to you as the landlord
- Be available for the tenants in case there are any urgent issues.
When you are far away in a different city or time zone, you can’t be stuck thinking about collecting monthly rentals, property tax documentation and keeping your financial record updated.
You will need a good management team that not only does this all, but keeps gives you timely updates on every aspect of your property.
At Propadis, we consider ourselves as the second pair of hands that carry out all these tasks and ensure all our customers are kept up to date with all progressions.
It’s essential that you find a professional management team that qualifies in the above qualities and goes beyond, as these are only the top 3 of the traits you should be looking out for.