Editor’s note – Visit our services page to know about our services – Property management services in Bangalore.
NRI Property Management Services in Bangalore
NRI property management is not a new service, but also not a very well known one. Property management services have existed for a very long time now, but NRIs still seem to struggle with managing their home in India. A normal tendency is to ask friends and family back home in Bangalore to help out.
The problem with assigning the task of managing your home in Bangalore to family and friends is that they are not professionals, and they also have chores of their own that might take priority. This will only adversely affect your property. And when you add unforeseen situations like the recent pandemic to the mix, things just get worse.
A property that is not regularly tended to will 100% degrade.
This is exactly why you MUST entrust your valuable property in India to a property management company, whose sole job is to maintain your home in Bangalore.
Property management companies in Bangalore, like us, specialize in the maintenance of real estate. We have on-ground teams, property managers, vendors and repairmen under our umbrella, all with the skills needed to keep your property at top shape.
Why Would You Need Dedicated Services For Your House In Bangalore?
Bangalore is a fast-paced city, with students and job seekers/changers coming in and out every year. As the population keeps rotating, so does the situation with tenants. Bangalore also sees extremes in seasons, which impacts houses.
Home owners who rent out their property in Bangalore especially face problems when the year ends and students move, and IT folk switch jobs and location. The tedious process of advertising property, showing it to potential tenants, and then managing new tenants becomes a repetitive hassle. Now imagine managing this hassle from overseas. It’s a pain, we assure you.
And that’s where we, property management companies in Bangalore, come in. We take over all the hassles and responsibilities, not just for renting and tenants but also for selling and even just maintenance, letting you own property in Bangalore as an RI or NRI completely hassle-free.
Here are 5 situations when you must consult a property management company in Bangalore:
A house needs constant care, and periodic ‘servicing’. Floors need cleaning, pipes need tightening, and tiles need fixing. If left unchecked, a house can become a ruin real fast. There’s no house that can get away from this, dust and breakage happen for certain. You need to hire a property management company because they perform periodic checks, cleaning and repairs as part of their service portfolio.
While away from India, renting out your house in Bangalore is definitely a great investment. The rent value in Bangalore is amazing and the IT and student population is booming. But, staying away from your home in India, how will you manage to keep finding and retaining tenants? With students, they tend to leave after the course is done, and you find yourself having to find new tenants. This is where property managers step in. They keep a track of tenant vacancy trends and proactively look for new tenants, ensuring minimum to no vacancy.
Once you get tenants, managing them becomes another hassle. You need to cater to their demands, collect rent, manage situations like water scarcity, power outages, broken windows, etc. Handling all this from abroad is definitely going to be a headache. You need a property management company in such a scenario because they appoint property managers at the location of your house in Bangalore, and these managers are available to execute actions immediately.
Outrages Commissions by Middlemen
Another drawback with real estate in Bangalore is that middlemen: brokers, agents, etc., all demand outrages commissions. Granted they do the work of finding you tenants, but wouldn’t it be great if you can find a tenant, and save the commission? This is precisely the benefit of hiring a property management company in Bangalore.
Finding Handymen is Hard
A house can give rise to multiple problems: leaky faucets, fans that don’t spin, broken windows, squeaky door, etc. Each of these problems needs a specialist: a plumber, an electrician, a repairman, a carpenter, etc. As an NRI finding the right person, a reliable person, and on time, can be near impossible. Property management companies have their own repertoire of handymen, ensuring you quick and reliable service, and often at a price lower than that in the market.
How Do You Select a Property Management Service Provider in Bangalore?
Well, you’re already on the website of the best property management company in Bangalore. But don’t just take our word for, check our what our customers have to say about us on our Google listing – Google Business Reviews
We have an average of 4.9/5 rating received from over 25 customers!
But in all seriousness, you still need to go through the process of vetting and elimination before you entrust an outsider with your expensive and prized possession. Before you select a property management company in Bangalore:
- Ask the company if they have an on-ground team (in this case, in Bangalore). You don’t want a company that says they send reps to the location. You want a company who has reps in the city where your property is located.
- Very clearly mention your requirements/needs and ask if they services to fulfil them as a part of their business and also if they have the skill/experts to handle it. For example, you may want the PMC to handle your property taxes. You will need to ask if the company handles taxes and documentation and if they do it through an experienced lawyer.
- Find out how they will communicate with you, and how often. Propadis has a complete communication system set in place, a platform that triggers emails every time a milestone is crossed. You are also assigned a property manager who becomes your point of contact for immediate communication. We cover this in detail here: Staying informed about your property when you are overseas.
- Find out if the Property maintenance company has their own vendors/repairmen, or good connections with them. This is important for speedy repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Lastly, find out what the upfront fee (or the recurring fee) covers. Does it cover ALL costs, or is it for certain services and you need to cover other expenses separately? Of course, no company will simply cover all costs with just one fee. The point here is to make sure there are no discrepancies later. Get on the same page right from the start.
And that should be it, really. If the company checks all of these boxes, they are worth their salt.
Well, we’ve said all we need to say, if you’re an NRI and you own a house/property in Bangalore, drop in a message: https://propadis.com/contact-us/. All you need to do is start a conversation.